Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Day In The Life: 6 Month Old Triplets

Its been a while since I have posted, Sorry! I have been meaning to and just havent had the time to sit down and write a whole post. I havent done one of these in a while so I thought it would be a good one. We are quite busy these days. The babies are at an age where they need to be entertained all the time and actually love going out and doing things. So this day is from last week when I first started this post when we took them to the California Academy of Sciences. We were meeting up with a couple friends and family.

6:30am- Owen wakes up and I change him and bring him into our bed.

7:00am- Patrick gets up to get ready for work. Declan and Evelyn got up between 6:30am and now and are changed hanging out in bed with me.

7:20am- Patrick is ready and we head downstairs with the babies.

7:25am- I start feeding Owen and Declan. Evelyn hangs out in the exersaucer. Patrick starts to make breakfast.

7:30am- Switch. Evelyn gets to eat and Declan takes a break.

7:37am- Switch again. Patrick brings me breakfast.

7:45am- Everyone is done eating. I put the babies on the floor to roll around and play. Patrick gets ready to head to work.

8:00am- Patrick leaves and I go put a load of diaper laundry in. The babies continue to play on the living room floor.

8:10am- I go get the babies high chairs ready and get some food for them to try. This morning we are having bananas, avocado and toast sticks.

8:20am- I bring the babies over and stick them in their seats. They love breakfast time.

8:35am- The babies are just about done and I want to get them down early for a nap so we clean up.

8:45am- They are ready to go to sleep and we head upstairs.

8:50am- I get them in their nap time diapers and sleepsacks, we read a few stories, I nurse them, put on their music and put them in their cribs.

9:15am- They are all asleep. I try to get everything ready for our day. I get the diaper bag packed, grab a bunch of toys for them, put the valco baby stroller in the car, and pack some snacks. Most of them for me (granola bar and an apple) but I also pack some frozen whole wheat pancakes I keep on hand in a freezer pack for the babies. They love them and since they are teething the cold and chewy is awesome.  Since we will get lunch their the babies will want something to eat too.

9:45am- My Mom comes over, she is going with us to help.

10:00am- We finish doing some chores and make sure we have everything.

10:20am- Owen is up. I go get him and grab outfits for them all and bring him down.

10:25am- I change Owen and get him dressed and them feed him. We usually get a solo nursing after naps because he doesn't ever sleep as long.

10:40am- He's done eating and I go get the other two up. They weren't quite ready but they can take another  cat nap in the car.

10:45am- I change them both and get them dressed and then feed them.

11:00am- They are done and we get all the babies into their car seats and head to the car.

11:10am- We leave, only 10 minutes late!

11:25am- We finally arrive, Declan and Evelyn got an extra little nap and we load them all into the stroller.

11:30am- We meet up with the rest of the group and head inside. We hit most of the exhibits in the main level before lunch but skipped over the ones geared towards older kids. The babies especially loved the Rainforest and the African Hall. They had such big eyes!

12:45pm- We head to the cafe for a quick lunch. The babies were getting tired but the frozen pancakes were a hit.

1:00pm- They were all getting a bit cranky and ready for a nap so I nursed them all for a few minutes because their was too much stimulation for them to fall asleep.

1:25pm- The babies are all asleep and everyone is done with lunch so we head back inside. Im wearing Evelyn now because her seat in the stroller doesn't recline.

1:30pm- We headed to the little play area for the kids to let them run of some steam.

2:00pm- We headed downstairs to a lot of the aquarium exhibits. We went to the tide pools first since a couple of the older kids were asking.

2:30pm- We headed to the coral reef exhibit to see the large fish tanks and scuba divers, and the swamp with the alligators. Owen woke up first and I switched Evelyn into the stroller and nursed Owen in the Ergo.

2:45pm- All the babies were up so we stopped to change them and I gave Owen to my mom since he didn't want to go into the stroller. Then I nursed Declan.

3:00pm- I put Declan back in the stroller and nursed Evelyn in the Ergo.

3:30pm- We headed back upstairs to see the penguins. This was a huge hit.

4:15pm- Everyone was getting tired and we headed to the cars. They all needed new diapers and then we packed up and drove home.

4:40pm- We get back home, the babies all took cat naps in the car. They all woke up when we got home so we brought them in and put the in the exersaucers and jumper while we start dinner. Tonight im making chicken parmesan over pasta with salad.

5:00pm- Patrick gets home and helps with dinner and my mom heads out. I feed the babies since they are getting hungry.

5:25pm- The chicken is in the oven, the babies are done eating and Patrick and I play with them on the floor.

5:45pm- The babies are getting a little cranky (it's that time of night) so we switch off carrying them while I make the salad and get food ready for the babies.

6:00pm- We set up the babies in their high chairs and get their food ready. I cooked some carrots for them and they are having some extra cooked pasta, and tomatoes, and avocado.

6:10pm- We all sit down to eat. They all did pretty well with everything and we let them try some of our chicken that they liked.

6:30pm- The babies are over dinner and want to be held. We try to hold them and entertain them as we finish up out dinner.

6:40pm- Everyone is done with dinner and we clean up.

6:50pm- We take the babies upstairs and Patrick has some time with them while I get the bath ready and everything out for bedtime.

7:05pm- The babies are good enough sitters now where we can put them all in the tub (with a mat at the bottom). Although I wouldn't be comfortable doing it alone! So Patrick and I sit there with them. We wash one at a time and since they love the bath usually just spend a lot of time playing.

7:35pm- We get them all out of the tub, into their nighttime diapers and sleepsacks, and brought them into their room for books. Turn their music on and Patrick reads them a book and them I read them a book and nurse them. They nurse for quite a while.

8:00pm- We put them into their cribs and turn the lights off. They usually pass out very quickly. Patrick and I go back downstairs and clean up the house.

8:30pm- We sit down and watch a show or movie, tonight we are watching The Butler. (It was soooo good! I highly recommend it.) We usually have some sort of a treat. Tonight it was grasshopper pie ice cream from our favorite Ice Cream place.

10:00pm- Patrick and I head to get ready for bed.

10:45pm- We both go to sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment