Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Baby Number 4!

Today I am 10 weeks! And I am definitely pregnant! I am already showing, although some of it is bloating. I feel more pregnant than I did at this point with the triplets! My body is definitely saying, "I remember this..." I feel pretty good but still have a bit of "morning" sickness. I haven't thrown up in a long time but just get sick to my stomach. I can't complain because its not nearly as bad as with the triplets. My appetite is all weird which is the hardest part because now I need it more than ever! Since im still breastfeeding, I technically am eating for 5! Ive been trying to sneak the calories and nutrients in with smoothies and bars. Other than being a lot more tired and a bit more emotional, im doing great!

Everyone is very excited for this new little one. I found out a month ago at 6 weeks after having a few weird symptoms and the babies acting a little odd. Im not sure if my milk could have changed or if it was related at all but I tested and it very quickly turned positive! I was very shocked although immediately excited. I didn't do anything too special to tell Patrick, but it was cute. I acted a little weird the night before but didn't say anything and I think he knew something was up. He was feeding the babies breakfast while I was getting ready and thats when I tested and found out. I went downstairs with the test behind my back and asked, "How do you feel about the number 6?" He looked kinda confused and said, "Um, It's ok, why?" I just said, "Because that's how many people we have in our family!" It took him a second, but then he got it and he stood up (knocking his chair over!) with a huge smile on his face and said "You're pregnant?!!" and I pulled out the test! He gave me a big hug and kiss and the babies squealed because of all the commotion. It was really cute!

The pregnancy was definitely a surprise to us but we had started the conversation about when we wanted to have another. We had decided to try maybe around 16 months so they would be a little over 2 years apart. I hadn't gotten my period back yet so it wasn't really on our minds that I could get pregnant. Now they will be about 20 months apart which is a little daunting to think about having 4 under 2! But, we have so much help and what's one more?!

I had my first appointment at 6 weeks and a few days and everything looked great. We had an early ultrasound because of the situation of not knowing when we conceived/last period and having had multiples before. That one showed just one healthy baby! We had another appointment last week with my OB and just heard one heartbeat again. We have our next ultrasound at 12 weeks but we are pretty certain it's just one!

The triplets don't really get it yet, although we have been talking about it a lot. They are just too young right now. To reveal to family, we were going to wait a bit longer but we were going up to Tahoe for a last of the summer trip, and some of them would have been skeptical since I wasn't feeling great and I was already showing a bit. So we decided to reveal to most of the family at a big dinner the first night everyone was there (last Saturday). We dressed the babies in "Im a Big Brother!" and "Im a Big Sister!" shirts and just waited for people to notice. It took a good 30 minutes or so and it was my Mom who said,"what do their shirts say??" Then everyone looked at them and freaked out! There were lots of shrieks and hugs and it was the talk of the trip. Of the few family members that weren't there, we Skyped them and asked if they wanted to see the babies, then they saw the shirts! We also tried to teach them to say baby while pointing at my belly, but it didn't work. They are still too young to get the concept.

Anyways, we are due March 11th and are not going to find out the gender so that will be a surprise! Ill try to post pregnancy updates often, but I dont think i'm going to do them weekly like the first. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment