Sunday, September 7, 2014

Pregnancy Brain is Back

...and in full force! A few years ago, I always laughed when pregnant friends and family told me about their pregnancy brain. I wasn't sold on it being an actual thing. Well, once I was pregnant, I changed my mind! It definitely happens. It wasn't terrible with the triplets, but I did tend to forget things.

But this time, i'm in for it. I have already started forgetting things and it's worse. I don't know if it's because I have a much busier life so there are more things to forget or what, but i'm only 13 weeks! Anyways, I thought I would write down a few of my mishaps from this week so that I will remember them and just cause they are hilarious.

1. On Thursday, I packed up the kids and we were going to bring Patrick lunch at work and then head to the park to meet a few friends for a picnic. I've driven to his office hundreds of times, but this time I forgot where it was and made a wrong turn! Thankfully I realized pretty quickly and figured out how to get back to where I needed to go.

2. Friday morning, I was going to take the trips with me to go grocery shopping, and we had a big list. I got them dressed and loaded up and we headed out. We got to the store, I parked got them all out of the car, put Evie in the Ergo, walked to get a cart (about 6 parking spots away), loaded the boys in, and then finally realized that I wasn't wearing shoes!! Thankfully, Patrick had left a pair of flip flops in the trunk, so I put those on and continued on (now wearing shoes like 3 sizes too big!).

3. Friday I also went to get gas and drove up on the wrong side! I went looking for it on the passenger side and was very confused until I realized. Worse yet, I have never had a car with the gas on that side, it's always been on the driver's side!

4. And then we can't forget how terrible my vocabulary is now. I am always forgetting what things are called and forget mid sentence what I am saying. Today I forgot what a "laptop" was called and asked Patrick to bring me the "mini desktop thingy." Like what? Seriously. It's a problem. Patrick just laughed.

And those are just from the last couple of days! 27 more weeks of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment