Friday, April 3, 2015

2 Weeks Old! Adjusting to life with 4 under 2

We have been adjusting pretty well to having Cormac in our lives. He is so sweet and I already can't imagine life without him. I somehow forgot what it's like to have a newborn in the house! Although feeding and caring for just one is a lot easier than 3 :) We have had to change our schedule a bit and the sleep deprivation is hard, but so far we are doing well!

The triplets are all doing so well with him. We have to talk about being gentle a lot but that is just because of their age. They all seem to love him and are very interested in everything. They all want to be my little helpers and it is just too sweet! We haven't had many jealousy issues thankfully and a lot of that I think comes from them already having learned to share and take turns etc. It's been a bit of a struggle with them wanting me when I need to be with the baby. It's harder for me though I think. I want to be able to give them all my attention, but I just can't at this point. They play so well together now though and I am thankful for that, I actually think in some ways having three of them is easier! We also have had tons of family around to help and they are being spoiled.

Breastfeeding has gone pretty well. The triplets are still nursing and are doing fine sticking to their schedule even when Cormac nurses basically all the time. The first week or so was difficult after my milk came in because I do have a strong and fast letdown that was hard for Cormac to handle. I have adjusted a bit with positioning and hand-expressing and my supply has seemed to adjusted a bit more as well. It is still strong for him, but he is starting to get the hang of it.

As for my recovery, I feel basically back to normal. I have had a very easy recovery this time around with no tearing and not having any medication. I am so happy the birth went so well!

We had Cormac's 2 week check-up on Tuesday and he is doing great!! Let me tell you, he is quite the chunker! He was 10 pounds 9 oz and 22.25 inches long! Glad to know these seemingly never ending breastfeeding sessions are doing something. This kid can eat!

Just look at this sweet face and chunky cheeks from last weekend:


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the beautiful new baby! Proud of you for still nursing the older LOs! Keep up the good work, mama!

    ReplyDelete