Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cormac: One Month Old! (and a post-partum update)

This month has just flown by!! We have settled in to our new life and schedule with our new (not-so-little) little one! Cormac fits in so well with our family and we just love him to pieces! The triplets are so good with him and still haven't had many issues so i'm hoping that is a permanent thing now that it has been a month. They can still be a bit rough with him, but they are learning and honestly he is a tough little guy and they really do love him. 

I have basically fully recovered. I had an early post-partum check up with my OB because of how easy (ok I wouldn't say easy, but on their terms...) the birth went, without having any complications as well as going med-free. I had that today at just over 4 weeks pp and I am completely cleared! I feel great and really have been back to myself since 2 weeks but i'm glad to have the official clearance, especially to start working out. Although I have no idea when I will fit that in! I gained about 28 pounds this pregnancy and I have lost 24. So technically 4 pounds, but a lot of flab to lose. Im not worried with in for now and am just going to enjoy my family! 

Cormac is so different from the triplets to me but I don't know whether that is because he is just a singleton, because he is huge, or because of my life now. Looks-wise he still has big brown eyes, darker brown hair, and has a bit darker complexion like my side. He is just so sweet and cuddly and pretty laid back for the most part unless he is hungry or has gas. He is not quite as great of a sleeper, but we are working on that and it's still early. He is very alert and seems so old to me but again I think that is because of size. He loves to just watch his big brothers and sister.

We had his one month well check on Monday and this guy is huge! Here is his update:

Weight and Length: He weighed in at a whopping 11 pounds and 7 oz. and was 23 inches long!

Eating: He is not as much of a scheduled eater as the triplets and likes to cluster feed especially at night but he is eating roughly every 2 hours during the day averaging 20-30 mins and then around 9pm will nurse on and off for up to 1.5 hours. At night it is still similar to the day.

Sleep: He takes little catnaps throughout the day but seems to be staying awake more and more. At night we get one good stretch for 3 or maybe 4 hours if we are super lucky and thens he's back to basically every 2.

Clothes Sizes: He is already into 3 months clothes. Newborn clothes have been out for a while. He really never fit them because he was so long. He even fits some 3-6 and 6 months outfits!!

Diaper Size: He is wearing a few brands of newborn sizes still, but not many. He can fit tots bots but outpees them so we really only uses simplex. They are still awesome. Then we are still using fitteds a lot and the bottom bumpers size smalls.

Favorite Diapers: Blueberry simplex and bottombumpers for aios, and workhorse fitteds.

Favorite Things: Being held, eating, bath time, and watching his siblings.

Least Favorite Things: Gas pains, and being put down.

Milestones: Holding his head up, following voices and sounds, several small smiles but not sure if they are officially real.

Pictures! These two are from his actual one month birthday and the day we started seeing little tiny smiles. We still haven't really caught one though.


The closest I have gotten of a smile/smirk
And of course a sleepy one!



1 comment:

  1. Love your blog.. Waiting for a longgg update����

    ReplyDelete