Friday, August 9, 2013

A Day In The Life: 1 Month Old Triplets

I have decided to try to do these every month. We will see if that happens though since they are already 6 weeks... They are changing so much and it will be really fun to look back on!

I started writing this last week so it is modeled after our day last Friday, August 2nd.

The babies have a bit more of a routine and are starting to sleep more at night. Which is awesome!! They also are awake more often so we do a bit of playing. Which is also awesome and so fun for me :)

7:00am- Owen and Evelyn are awake and Patrick and I get up to change them. By the time we finish Declan wakes and needs to be changed as well.

7:15am- Patrick goes to shower and I get set up to nurse the babies. I start with Owen and Declan.

7:28am- Burp and switch

7:40am- Burp and switch. Patrick heads downstairs to make breakfast.

7:55am- I bring the babies down (yes, I carry all three!) I put Owen in the Ergo because he needs a little attention. Evelyn and Declan go in their swings to hang out.

8:00am- Patrick serves me breakfast (an omelet) and goes to play with the babies a bit.

8:10am- Patrick leaves (late as usual) and I take over with the babies. I usually try to get some tummy time in now since they are the most awake in the morning.

8:30am- The babies are ready for a nap. I change them all, swaddle them, and put them in their rock-n-plays.

8:45am- I go to do the first load of diaper laundry.

8:55am- Evelyn is fussy so I put her in the ergo to do some chores and work.

9:15am- My mom shows up to help. She goes to do more laundry and clean.

9:30am- I put Evelyn down and go to pack the diaper bag for the day. I pack: 10 aio cloth diapers (I also keep extra flats and covers and clothes in the car), 12 cloth wipes, wet bag, 6 onesies (3 long, 3 short), 3 pants, 3 socks, 3 hats, 3 muslin blankets, 3 WubbaNubs and the other essential things that stay in the bag.

9:45am- I go hop in the shower while my mom is with the babies.

10:00am- The boys are up and ready to eat. My mom and I change them and I start nursing.

10:22am- Burp and switch. Evelyn woke up and is ready to eat now too. My mom goes to dry the diapers and put another load in.

10:38am- Burp and switch

10:55am- My mom and I get the babies changed and dressed for the day. Today we are going to do a bit of shopping and see one of my good friends.

11:15am- We get the babies packed into the car and head out to Target. They always fall asleep in the car.

11:30am- We get to Target and I put Owen and Declan in my cart and my mom takes Evelyn.

12:00pm- We finish shopping at Target and manage to get everything we need. We go back to the car to unload and get the babies back in the car. They all managed to sleep through the trip!

12:20pm- We get home and unload and my mom makes lunch. I put the babies in their swings and hope they keep sleeping.

12:30pm- Declan needs some cuddles so I hold him while we eat.

12:45pm- Owen wakes up too and the boys are hungry and need to be changed.

12:55pm- I start to nurse them and Evelyn wakes too. My mom goes to change her.

1:10pm- Burp and switch- My mom goes to do more laundry.

1:24pm- Burp and switch- I call my friend saying we will be a little late.

1:37pm- The babies are done ad all wide awake. I go get ready to leave while my mom entertains them.

1:45pm- We load the babies into the mountain buggy with bassinet and I head out to meet my friend and her two kids at one of our favorite restaurants in the neighborhood. I give my mom our shopping lists and she heads to Costco and Whole Foods.

1:52pm- I get to the restaurant and meet my friend who has a 2 month old and a 3 year old.

2:45pm- We just about finish lunch and the babies were all pretty good besides all needing to be held at different points. We sat outside and they loved it.

3:00pm- We leave to go to the playground to hangout a bit more and let her 3 year old run around. The ride put the babies to sleep.

3:40pm- Owen starts to get a bit fussy (as well as her little girl) and it seems like the babies are going to want to eat soon so we start to head back.

3:50pm- We get back home and I get all the babies back into the house. I change them all and get start to nurse them.

4:18pm- Burp and switch My mom gets home and unloads/puts away everything.

4:32pm- Burp and switch

4:45pm- I try to do a bit more tummy time with the babies but none of them are having it. We just hangout of the floor.

5:15pm- They are all ready for another nap so we change and swaddle them and put them down. 

5:25pm- My mom starts cooking dinner and I do the rest of the diaper laundry for the day and try to catch a quick nap.

6:00pm- Patrick is finally home!

6:15pm- My mom leaves and Patrick and I sit down for dinner. So far the babies are still sleeping (usually Patrick wakes them up since he gets excited to see them).

6:35pm- Evelyn and Declan wake and need to be changed.

6:45pm-Owen is up and Patrick changes him while I start to feed the others.

7:00pm- Burp and switch

7:17pm- Burp and switch. Patrick goes to put another laundry load in and get everything ready for the bath.

7:30pm- We start bath time. We bring the babies upstairs and get them all undressed. Patrick and I switch who gets to wash and who gets to dress since we both love it. Tonight is his turn to wash. I hand him a baby and entertain the other two. When each is done I dry and get a fresh diaper on. Once they are all out we lotion them and get them in pajamas.

8:30pm- We bring them back downstairs and Patrick and I try to get caught up on our tv shows while we have some serious baby cuddle time.

9:30pm- The babies get changed and are hungry again. This is the time of night that they are the most hungry and eat a lot to get ready for the night.

9:40pm- Patrick goes to get the laundry out and get ready for bed and I start to nurse.

Here is a picture from tonight, this is what a lot of my days look like. Feeding two while trying to cuddle with the third! I love it though :)

10:03pm- Burp and switch

10:28pm- Burp and switch

10:50pm- The babies are done and we get them swaddled and back to sleep.

11:15pm- They are all sleeping in the pack-n-play so Patrick and I can get some sleep.

1:05am: Owen gets up first followed my Evelyn. We change them and I start to nurse them. Patrick goes back to sleep.

1:22am- Declan gets up and I change him first before switching.

1:41am- Burp and switch

1:56am- They finish and I swaddle  them and put them back to sleep.

4:45am- The boys wake up and Patrick and I change them.

4:52am- Evelyn wakes and Patricks changes her and goes back to sleep while I start to feed the boys.

5:10am- Burp and switch

5:23am- Burp and switch

5:38am- I swaddle them and get them back to sleep.

5:45am- They are down so I can go back to sleep.

7:00am- Our day starts all over again!

So we have cut a few feeds out since they are stretching to almost 3 hours between feeds during the day and almost 4 once at night. The diaper changes are also getting (a little) less frequent. 

We are planning to introduce bottles in the next couple days so since this day I have started to pump again. It actually worked out really well because of their growth spurt and cluster feeding. They slowed down after 4 days and we are now back to our normal schedule. But after feeding them much more frequently, my supply has gone up a bit so I now pump for a few minutes in the morning or evening after they nurse. We aren't sure if we will do a whole feed on bottles or just rotate who gets one every once in a while. Ill do a much more extensive post on it after we start!

Any tips or advice are welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment