Monday, July 1, 2013

Just a quick update

I'm just waiting for their daily tests to be done so ill give you all a quick update. I can't believe it's been 5 days!!

I was discharged yesterday but was only home for less than an hour. It was really tough and we came back after we dropped things off. The NICU staff has been great. They have parent rooms here which is where Patrick and I stayed last night and probably tonight. I am feeling great, just sore and tired. It is very weird not having a huge belly!

Now for the babies... I know it's what you all really want!

Declan is doing well and is just so so sweet. He is going to be a heartbreaker! He has to have light therapy for high bilirubin levels but he shouldn't need much more. He is breathing well and they have lowered his oxygen almost everyday. He has done well with breastfeeding but tires quickly so he still needs the Ng tube.

Owen is also doing great! He is going to be our demanding one i think. He is so alert! But he will also be a charmer. He is also doing well with breathing and is on low oxygen. He is a good feeder but can't last a whole feed either.  He and Declan are on a very similar timeline.

Now Evelyn, she's amazing! She is very laid back but is already a daddy's girl. Today she did a whole feed from the breast and has been getting 75% usually with just a little top off. She has moved to an open crib today as well an is breathing great! Once she gains a bit more weight and can take all of her feeds, she will be ready to go home! Just a few more days hopefully!

I'm sure I'm forgetting some but I haven't had much sleep and now I have to go so this will have to do for now. When I get home more I will write out the birth story and download the pictures! Hopefully tomorrow or the next!

Oh and one more thing... We think the boys have red hair!! Evelyn's is more brown but the boys hair looks auburn or red!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats again & I'm so glad to hear you are all doing well!
    Red hair, that's awesome!!! My family is full of redheads but none of my boys got it.

    ReplyDelete