Saturday, July 27, 2013

Liebster Award!

This little blog was nominated for the Liebster Award! It's always nice to know people read and enjoy your blog!




Thanks so much to Spring over at 30 Fingers, 30 Toes... for the nomination! You should check out her blog, she's another awesome (cloth diapering!) triplet mommy!



So for those of you who have never heard of the Liebster Award, it’s a fun way for small bloggers to give recognition to other small bloggers (with 200 followers or less) for the contributions they make to the blogosphere.

Here are the rules: 
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions  for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag backs meaning you can’t just re nominate the person who nominated you.

The questions put forth to me (with my answers) are as follows:

1. What was your reaction when you found out you were expecting multiples?
    We were very, very, very shocked! We were not even actively trying to get pregnant so were ecstatic when we found out at all. Then we found out it was twins, and then triplets, so needless to say it was quite unexpected! I dont know how you can prepare for that! It took a few weeks to sink in.

2. What was your spouse's reaction? 
     My husband couldn't speak. He looked like he was about to pass out. He was really excited for it but nervous too. He had lots of questions. It was actually really cute! Haha

3. How did you tell your family/friends?
    When we thought we were just having twins, we called all of our family over for a dinner party. They are all very close so no one suspected anything. At the end of the party we said, "Well, thank you all for coming... Because we're pregnant!!" Everyone freaked then we said, "One more thing... It's twins!!" Everyone was so excited. Then a couple weeks later when we found out we were having triplets we showed the ultrasound and had them try to figure it out. Then we pointed out the three babies.

4. What is your favorite activity to do at home with the kids?
     Right now I just love cuddle time but when they get a bit older I am going to love doing arts and crafts!

5. Where is your favorite place to go as a family?
    My husband and I have a few favorite places, but with the babies we haven't done as much! We do love to go for walks around our neighborhood, and we are excited to take them to our favorite playgrounds growing up, and we are really excited to start taking them up to the Lake!

6. What is your easy, go to meal for the kids?
     Well that's easy, breast milk! haha. But Patrick and I both love to cook, so when the babies get older i'm sure we will get creative. We will probably do lots of freezer meals like lasagna and casserole type stuff. And probably lots of grilling.

7. What do you do for yourself for fun?
    Patrick and I love going on date nights, although those are a thing of the past for a while. 

8. What is your dream family vacation?
     I really want to take the babies back to Ireland when they are a little older. I can't wait for all our family back there to meet them!

9. DIY or store bought?
    A little of both. I like to think I can make things but sometimes I just dont have the time or energy! But I did a lot of DIY when we first decorated our house and for the babies nursery.

10. Are you a routine/schedule follower or fly by the seat of your pants type?
      I am more of a fly by the seat of your pants type but with the babies here now I have slowly become more of a routine girl. Now im somewhere in between.

11. Where is one place you would NEVER take your multiples?
      Not sure on this one, I wouldn't take them as newborns to a lot of places but as they get older its probably something like a high-end restaurant. Somewhere people go for anniversaries and such. I just don't see the point in bringing little kids and the other guests would probably hate us.

Here are my nominations:


Here are my Questions:

1. What is you favorite age (of kids)?
2. What is your favorite part about being a mom?
3. What do you do for "mommy time."
4. What is an interesting fact about you?
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
6. What is your biggest regret?
7. What is your greatest accomplishment?
8. What is your favorite season?
9. If you could chose one person to spend the day with (dead or alive) who would it be?
10. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
11. If you had 1 million dollars what would you do?

      

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I have been following your blog for a bit...I originally found the link when you posted on the "Cloth Diapering" forum on Babycenter.

    So happy the babies made a safe arrival and are all healthy and at home!

    I was curious (because I'm just an annoying fan) if you'd show us around your nursery now that they're home and if you can tell us some things that have changed from pregnancy to "real life" with the babies. Like...what expectations did you have or plans did you make during pregnancy that have completely gone out the window?

    No rush...I am just enjoying getting to watch these babies grow up virtually!

    Good luck and you amaze me that you're breastfeeding and cloth diapering three babies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I have been meaning to post more on the nursery and I will have to do the other as well! Suggestions are always welcome! :)

      Delete