Monday, July 22, 2013

Our First Real Outing!

Yesterday we took the babies on their first real outing! We have gone on walks and to the doctor but nothing big. Yesterday we headed out as a family to Church! Patrick and I were itching to get back and we thought it was a good time to go. The babies are doing well and when we brought it up with our pediatrician, she said it would be ok. They are almost 4 weeks old. It is our family church so we had lots of family there too. 

It was quite the ordeal to get out the door. Mass was at 10am and we aimed to get out by 9 (so we would hopefully be gone by 9:30). We ended up leaving at 9:40 and actually got there on time! Everyone was very excited to see the babies. I had hand sanitizer with me but everyone was very good about keeping a distance. We were a bit worried about how they would do since the mass would be pushing the 2 hour time frame between feeds, but they did very well. Only a few squawks here and there and they all made it through. We brought them in sleeping in their infant seats but we also brought the Ergos. We had to change 2 diapers (guess who) and I walked around the back with Owen for a bit. They got to meet our Priest after which was great. I was a little worried they would be hungry and crying by that point but they held it together. He is the one who will Baptize them in a few weeks.

After Mass, we took the babies out to eat. We went to our favorite brunch place with my parents, my sister Megan, my brother Sean and his wife Anna. We brought the babies in the mountain buggy stroller and I am in love with it! The babies love to cuddle up together and they always sleep! And it doesn't draw too much attention (until someone looks inside!). We sat outside and had an awesome meal.

It was also my first time to nurse in public! This may seem weird to be excited about but I am happy I figured out how to do it since its very hard with three. It actually worked out well because Owen was hungry first so I fed him in the car when we were waiting for everyone to get there. Then we put them in the stroller and Evelyn and Declan didn't get hungry until we sat down at our table outside. Then I was able to feed the two of them at our table. We brought our breastfeeding pillow with us. There are some things that are just going to draw attention when you have triplets and I am not going to worry about them. It made it a lot easier. Since they are still small its easy to tandem feed pretty discreetly but that will get harder. After that, we changed them all and they slept the rest of the time! We got home just in time for another feed.

Im so glad it went well, and I think this will become a routine for our Sundays. It is almost easier to take them out now since they sleep so much. Besides needing to eat often, we might as well take advantage of this time! We really could have done it just the two of us but it is so nice having the extra help. It is challenging, but I think the thought of it is worse than anything.

I can't believe the babies are almost a month old! Time is going by way too fast. We have their 1 month appointment on Thursday and I can't wait to see how much they have grown! Then this weekend is our 1 year anniversary and Patrick says he has a few surprises. I can't wait! After that we have the baptism to plan for and then we are going up to the Lake with most of both of our families. It is going to be a big month for the babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment