Monday, June 10, 2013

32 Week Appointment

Today was a quick appointment. My OB couldn't get a good measurement on any of the babies and didn't want to try to guess. He said they are still growing and developing well, they were just moving too much and are running out of room. We may or may not get more measurements before they arrive! Last week they were all around 4 pounds so im assuming they are about 4.5 pounds now. Which is great!

As far as my cervix goes, its still 2.7 which is good and is softening. But, its still closed! Awesome news for this week. He said after it starting to funnel last week, he thought for sure I would be a little dilated today. Next week will be a big week to make sure the babies are still growing well. We are getting to the point now that we are still trying to keep them in as long as possible, but with their sizes, we may deliver even earlier. Right now he's still confident about July 1st. He did tell me that because they are doing so well, he is ok delivering early if I have had enough. I assured him that I can do it but he said the next few weeks can be rough. At this point, i've made it this far, I can do 3 more weeks!

Im still having contractions, about 8 or so a day. It's nothing to worry about yet, but it just gives me some more pain to deal with. Yay!

Triplet pregnancies are a double edged sword. You try so hard to get everything ready when you still have energy knowing that they could come very early, but then you get to here and get so anxious with nothing to do! I hav been trying to keep myself busy with looking at cloth diapers and wool and thinking about when the babies are here. And I am so grateful to have so much family! My sister Megan has been over almost everyday to hang out and lots of other family have come over to help with chores and to keep me company. It has been such a godsend.

Patrick has been super busy trying to get all of his big accounts out of the way and has been working really hard so that he can have as much time off when they arrive. His whole firm is being awesome and I am so grateful that they are so accommodating.

Thanks for all the help and encouragement and hopefully these next few weeks fly by!

2 comments:

  1. I may have asked this already & you may have answered but I don't remember so...
    Have you had steroid injections already or have your doctors set a date for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have talked about them. If I had dilated this week we were going to do them but since i havent we are waiting another week. We may do them next week depending on how the babies are developing and I am progressing!

      Delete