Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Birthday, Father's Day, and Babies Update

Yesterday, June 18th, was my 27th birthday! I am pretty surprised the babies havent been born yet but in a good way. When we found out we were having triplets due early August, we figured they would be here in early June. But it is so awesome, although very uncomfortable for me, that I have been able to carry them so far! 

We are getting ready for d-day as we are calling it in just 11 days so we didn't do much but it was a great day. We went out to a nice dinner close to home then stayed in to watch a movie. It was a fun day and Patrick only worked until 2 so we spent a lot of time together. That's all I could want! This past year has been amazing with our wedding, honeymoon, getting pregnant, finding out we were having triplets, and all the other fun things throughout the pregnancy. I can not wait to see what this next year brings! We will have so many new memories and I am so excited. It is pretty crazy to think we have are going from newly weds to a family of 5 in just 11 months. 26 was a great year and 27 will be even better!

On Sunday, Patrick got up early and went out to play golf with his dad and brothers for Father's Day. I went to hang out at my parents house and had brunch with them and my siblings. That afternoon we just spent the day together thinking about how much fun we are going to have being parents. I cooked him a big dinner and made him his favorite dessert, chocolate raspberry cheesecake! I got him a few things he wanted, mainly dress clothes, and my favorite gift was a new SF Giants jacket and matching ones for the babies! He is so excited to bring them to games. When I picked them up, they also had cute jerseys that I just had to splurge on so I gave him those too. Aren't they so darn cute?!






I also had my 33 week appointment on Monday. Everything looked great. The babies are still growing well but they couldn't get good measurements again. My cervix has shortened to 2.6 and I am now 1 cm dilated. But this is still great and everything is better than what is expected at this point. It is just a waiting game now. I am still having about 8 contactions a day but nothing horrible. 

Not very much longer now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment