Monday, May 20, 2013

29 Week Appointment

Everybody is doing great!! I was a little anxious to get in and see the babies again but it was all perfect! There heart rates are all normal and they were all VERY active! They measured them all again and they are getting big!! Owen is 3 pounds 5 ounces, Declan is 3 pounds 1 ounce and Evelyn is 3 pounds 3 ounces! We are now getting to the point where multiples start to slow in growth because of lack of space, so it is great knowing they are already this big and over 3 pounds!

My cervix is measuring at 3.1 cm and closed. Still great news. My belly is now at 44 weeks. Crazy. We are pretty much now in the waiting game. At this point I probably won't be put on bed rest because I already am on self- prescribed bed rest 90% of the time! It has been nice being able to get up and do some cleaning (not that that has happened much) or run an errand. They will still try to stop labor if it happens, but things are getting much closer. Even though my cervix is long and closed, I could still go at any time because of how stretched my uterus already is and the size of the babies.

Along with that, we are now thinking to schedule a c-section at 35 weeks, sometime in the first couple days of July. Its still early, but with their growth and my size (average at 5'5'') that is looking like the farthest I should go. There is only so much my body can take and they don't want to put me in danger which would put the babies in danger.

So at most we have 6 weeks left!

Also, we have officially picked our pediatrician! Well we kinda knew all along but now it is all done. We are using the same one that I went to and I love her! She is amazing and I couldn't imagine our babies with anyone else. I had such a good relationship with her and loved going in even though I only went once a year for well-checks. She is very popular but she has stayed in contact with my family and when we told her about the triplets she was so excited for us! She probably pulled some strings but we are in! She works in a practice with 3 other doctors but really only one that we would get if she wasn't around. It is such an awesome feeling to know and trust your babies' doctor and im so glad we were able to get her!

No comments:

Post a Comment