Wednesday, May 15, 2013

At Labor and Delivery...

When I went to bed last night, there was not quite as much movement as normal. I did not think much of it but this morning it seemed less as well. It's not necessarily an issue because they don't have much room and it wasn't that long of a time. By this afternoon I wasn't feeling anything out at the front of my belly which is where Declan is. I had a bad feeling and knew something was wrong. So I called my OB and he said to come to L and D. If you remember Declan was the "donor" twin when we had our ttts scare, so he said he wanted to make sure everything was ok. But, he did not think it was a big deal.

We when I got in they hooked me up to a whole bunch of monitors and tried to get each babies heartbeat. It was extremely stressful as it was taking them a while. Owen's heart rate was 146 (normal for him) and Evelyn's was 152 (also normal) but when they got Declan's it was only 108. We were really scared. They did an ultrasound and everything looked ok. My cervix was still closed. I did have a contraction though. I did not know I was having them but I must have had a few.

There was talk of a possible delivery if Declan's heart rate dropped anymore. They gave me lots of fluids and kept monitoring all the babies. After a VERY tense 30 minutes, his heart rate started to come back up. Now he is at 134. Everything is looking ok now but they will continue to monitor for at least another hour.

We aren't really sure why it dropped but it may have just been that he was squished. His cord wasn't wrapped at all when they got to the ultrasound but it was close so it may have been earlier. We did try to move them a bit and it seemed to help some. We are out of the woods for now but we just have to be careful. Hopefully it will come back all the way to high 140's and we can go home.

1 comment:

  1. Very scary!!! I'm sorry you went through that but happy everything seems to be ok now. Please keep us updated?

    ReplyDelete