Monday, May 13, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 28 Weeks!


We reached the HUGE milestone of 28 weeks!! The babies have a much better chance of survival now with no long term complications and everyday it continues to go up! We are now going to the OB every week! Our next goal is 30 weeks, and after that 32, then 34! We are taking it day by day at this point but everything is still looking great! At this point the only reason of delivering earlier than we hope is the babies sizes. They are big!
Today we had another great appointment, everything is right on track! Owen (A) is now 2 pounds 14 ounces, Declan (B) is now 2 pounds 10 ounces and Evelyn is 2 pounds 12 ounces! We can't believe how big they are all getting! Just for fun, my OB told us that if they were to continue at this rate and go full term, they would all be well over 9 pounds! And at 36- as far as he would probably let me go- they could be 7 and a half pounds! Obviously these are just guesses and I most likely won't get that far, but knowing these babies are measuring big is great for when they are early. 
They also measured my fundal height, i'm now measuring at almost 43! They also checked my cervix again and im now at 3.2 cm and closed. Still in the normal range. So, I still don't 'need to be on bedrest which is awesome but to be honest, when im home I pretty much am. Im just too tired and uncomfortable to be up and doing things. But is is nice knowing I can still go shopping or do things with Patrick and family and not worry (too much) about it.

How far along: 28 weeks!
Size of babies: Three Eggplants
Total weight gain/loss: 41 pounds as of 5/13/13. 
Gender: Yes we know! 2 boys and a girl! Owen, Declan, and Evelyn!
Maternity clothes: When I get dressed. Haha These days it's mostly t-shirts and sweat pants or yoga pants. Some Maxi dresses. But now even Patricks t-shirts are getting snug!
Stretch marks: Not yet! (I can't believe this!) My belly is getting a bit harder and feeling more stretched so I have a feeling they are coming!
Belly Button: It is pretty flat. And off-center, weird.
Sleep: As good as it's going to get at this point. Im uncomfortable and have to pee. A lot.
Symptoms: I am definitely feeling very exhausted this week. I cant do much anymore and thankfully Patrick has been amazing and picks up the slack even after a long day at work. My mom also is coming around more to help me with household things and cook. She wants to be around if anything were to happen and I know that puts Patrick at ease too.
What I miss: I miss my energy level the most.
Cravings: Im still not as hungry but my appetite has come back a little. Im loving all things salty this week.
Aversions: Nothing! Thankfully that stopped after the first 2-3 months.
Best Moment: Seeing the babies on the ultrasound this morning. They are getting so big and are filling out. They were being so cute! Declan was sucking his thumb and they all were practicing breathing and opening their eyes. Owen had the hiccups and it was so cute! 
Also, my first Mother's Day! We had a big Barbecue at our house with both sides of the family to honor all of the mother's and it was so much fun! 
What im looking forward to: This week Patrick has a pretty slow week and we are going to do a couple fun things! Im excited to spend some time with him as it may be the last outings we have before the babies make their debut!

9 comments:

  1. So happy you have made it this far and are doing so great! Keep up the good work! I know growing 1 baby is hard enough, your doing awesome with 3! They are getting big and I can't wait to see them! But not for at least a month :) You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS on 28 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! I have gbg triplets (plus a 4 yr old) and was never put on official bed rest so I know it's nice to know you can do things if you really want/need to! :) come on 30 weeks!! And congrats on the big babies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! How old are your trio?

      Delete
    2. They will be 2 on Thursday!! Spring and I say ours are sextuplets at heart bc gestationally mine were almost 2 weeks older but hers were born 2 weeks before mine :)

      Delete
    3. Thats great! Congrats to you! Happy Birthday to them! You must be who she was talking about when she said it was great to have a buddy due around the same time! :)

      Delete
    4. Thank you! Good luck on making it to 36 weeks! Or as close as possible :) I know it's very stressful at times, but it's also oh so worth it. I can't wait to watch the progress of your 3 little ones. Our blog is www.boucherbunch-jennifer.blogspot.com (This Crazy Thing Called Life) if you would like to follow :)

      Delete