Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Finding Out

I thought I would write a post about how we found out we were pregnant starting from the very beginning. Patrick and I got married in July 2012. We went on our honeymoon for 2 weeks and then moved into our house. Once we got settled, it was September. We had talked many times about kids and that we wanted them. We both wanted big families too. Our niece turned 1 at the very end of September, and after her party was when we started talking about when a good time to start a family would be. We decided that we were financially stable enough, and were ready to be parents. We figured it would take at least a few months or longer. So, I went off the pill. That is the extent of our "trying." We didn't do anything else and just went about our newlywed life. This was mid-October.

Around Thanksgiving, (just 1 month later) I started having early signs but I thought nothing of them. It was actually Patrick that went out and bought a pregnancy test after I had thrown up 2 days in a row. He made me take it, while I still didn't think I was pregnant, on Dec. 3rd. I realized I had missed my period but only a couple days and I had just gotten off birth control so i didn't think anything of it. We had just gotten our Christmas tree put up and I reluctantly went to take it. All I kept saying was that it was a waste of money. I brought it out and handed it to him. I saw the look on his face and said, "What? I told you not to get your hopes up!" He just looked at me with his moth wide open. There was 2 very clear lines. I just screamed! And he started laughing. I couldn't believe how quickly it changed. I kept saying how could this happen! We just talked about it a few weeks ago! We were in shock (Ha! Joke was on us!) We were so excited though! The rest of the night we just talked about the baby and what it was going to be like.

We made an appointment for the following week to confirm. We went in and were excited and sure enough we were expecting! We did all of the routine stuff and got to hear the heartbeat! (little did we know that would change)

We set up another appointment for about 4 weeks later for official dating and our first ultrasound! On January 15th we went in ready to see our little bean and found 2! We saw two babies and heard two healthy heartbeats! We were very shocked!! (haha again!) We found out we were 11 weeks and Due the beginning of August! Everything looked great so we decided to start letting family know. We couldn't keep this a secret! We planned a family dinner for Friday night. Our families get together a lot so no one suspected anything! We didn't do anything to unique, when everyone sat down to eat we got up to thank everyone for coming, and said "because we're Pregnant!" Everyone was so happy and when things calmed down we said, 'Oh, and one more thing, it's twins!!" Thats when things got really crazy! haha. I had pretty bad morning (all-day) sickness but soon after we announced it went away.

We were enjoying being pregnant and I was growing fast! Our next appointment was for 14 weeks. We walked in ready to see the twins again and see how much they had grown. My OB did the ultrasound and as we were talking he goes, "Ok, here's A...., here's B.... and..." Before he can say anything I say, "Um, why and...? and he just says "C!!" Then I say "WHAT?! Does that mean THREE babies?!" He goes "Yep, You're having Triplets!" looks at my husband who looks like he's about to pass out and says "You've got some good little swimmers!" lol. So at this point we are really freaking out! In a good way though. We couldn't believe it. We went through all the stats and he referred my to a perinatologist that I would see as well as him. I don't think it sunk in for another week or so.

We called everyone right away and said, "we have to show you our newest pictures!" So my parents had us all over for dinner the next night. Thats when they all found out about the triplets. We did the same thing as my doctor pretty much. We pointed, "here's 1 baby..., here's another..., and here's the third! Its triplets!" They all freaked! It was so fun.

We went back at 16 weeks and there were still 3 healthy babies! Then later that week we had our peri appointment to find out genders. They all cooperated and when we knew it was 2 identical boys and a girl, I think that is when it really hit us. We were having three kids... at the same time!

Now at 25 weeks its still hard to believe but we can't wait! In less than a year (most likely) we will have gone from newlyweds to a family of 5!


2 comments:

  1. I remember this like it was yesterday! So glad you are all doing so well! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason (well, I am hormonal - we're on the same birth board!), I had to grab a kleenex while reading this! Thanks for sharing your stories! --MrsDoodles c",)

    ReplyDelete