Monday, April 22, 2013

Thanks For Your Prayers!

I don't know what to say. We are so thankful to everyone that kept us and the babies in their thoughts and prayers. We got so many messages and it was so comforting knowing that people were thinking of us. As i said in this post we got some scary news last week about possible TTTS with our identical boys. It was hard to wait until today for any update and google wasn't helping.

Today we had an appointment with our perinatologist, and I am so happy to say that everything is looking ok!!! We still need to keep an eye on them but there were no other signs and they are both still growing great! The first thing we looked at were the amniotic fluid levels. If they were still in normal ranges that would be the first step. They were both fine and actually very similar levels. Then it was on to measure the babies growth. If Baby B dropped any more, there could be a big problem. Baby A measured 1 pound 14 ounces and Baby B measured 1 pound 10 ounces! So B actually grew an ounce more than A this week! And they are both big for their gestation which is great. Baby C measured 1 pound 13 ounces. So for now we are in the clear and if they keep growing on their own paths everything should be fine!

I also had my cervix checked again because if it shortens too much I will need to go on bedrest and risk the babies coming too early. It has shortened 1 mm, from 3.6 cm to 3.5 cm. So still in the normal range but this is the  first week it has shortened since they started weekly checks. I will not need bedrest yet but if it goes below 3 cm I will. For now he says I just need to take it easy and rest in bed or on the couch for at least two 2 hour periods. I think I can handle that! He also says that I can get a temporary handicap placard for when we go out because he doesn't want me walking too much unnecessarily. That should be coming in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Great news!!!
    Love that your getting a handi cap placard! I was never offered one but I used those electric carts in every store that had them, lol... People laughed but I didn't care, they had no idea how much work it was to walk around with 3 babies inside & already measuring over 40 weeks pregnant!
    Enjoy your naps!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that he offered! I guess I never really thought about it, but its going to be awesome! Thanks!

      Delete