Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Triplets Nursery: Part 2

If you haven't see it yet, here's Part 1!

We had originally painted the nursery a pale yellow but when we changed the theme (more like picked a theme) I decided I wanted a different color. We have settled on a underwater/whale theme. Patrick and I love scuba diving and anything about the ocean and I think it is a great theme for multiples. The color we picked is a turquoise color from Benjamin Moore called caribbean cool. Here is a sample:


I love it and it works really well with everything we are going to tie into the room. Then it was on to the bedding. I decided once we found out the genders that I wanted them to have gender specific things. I did not just want to make the room neutral. So my dilemma was trying to find matching bedding for boys and girls. We decided the easiest way would be to design our own. I found a site, carousel designs where you could pick from tons of fabrics. We knew we wanted to do bright colors in their room and not as much with pattern. With three cribs and three times the baby things we thought this was the best route to go. I also love the thought of lots of solid bright colors and then little things to bring out the theme. We decided to pick the colors light blue and lime green for the boys because we didn't want too much blue with the walls. Then we picked orange and a coral pink for our girl. The colors really work with an underwater theme. Here is the picture from the website, the color on the walls is pretty much the actual wall color and our cribs and floor are those colors as well. We brought in the one pattern, chevron, because i just love it for nurseries and have found a few other things with it.



We are still picking out other things for their room so the rest of the decor will come in part 3!


2 comments:

  1. It's all so beautiful! We looked at Carousel Designs too :)
    Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! What beautiful, vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete