Monday, April 29, 2013

26 Week Appointment and Thoughts

Today we had another appointment. It went well. They all are still growing well and their fluid levels are still normal! Baby A was measuring a whopping 2 pounds 3 ounces! Baby B was measuring 1 pound 15 ounces (so close!) and Baby C was also 2 pounds 1 ounce! It is really awesome how big they all are still for their gestational age. So I guess it makes sense that I am now officially measuring 40+ weeks!

My cervix was checked again and it has shortened slightly but only 1 mm again to 3.4 cm. This is still in the normal range so we aren't worried yet. At this rate it won't be below the normal range until 31 weeks! And that would be awesome. Our goal is to still get to 34 weeks and it is still a very good possibility if not much changes! I also still don't need to be on bedrest which I am so thankful for!

This week has been tough on me physically. My body is definitely feeling it. I can't really be on my feet more than about 10 minutes before I start to get tired and hurt. I have to be really careful now to watch what i'm doing. Patrick has been awesome and is doing all the housework and most of the cooking. He would do all of it but I like to cook too much to give it all up. He also offers to do all the shopping but I can't let that go either. He does the grocery shopping but all baby and house shopping I still want to do with him. It has been really nice to have the handicap placard because this past weekend parking was crazy and I don't think I could have walked. i seriously would have gotten in a cart like a 2 year old and asked to be pushed. haha.

Sleep has gotten progressively harder and i'm just not used to it. I used to sleep like a rock. To be honest at the beginning of this pregnancy I was seriously worried that i would sleep through the babies crying. Everyone tells you that you won't be able to no matter how hard you sleep.

I get up every hour it seems. I either really have to pee, the babies are going nuts, or i'm just uncomfortable and need to flip. So far I can go back to sleep fairly easily but i'm just not used to broken sleep.

It's REALLY hard to think that I want to go 8 more weeks but I know it's best for the babies. We have a few things that i am looking forward to that are keeping me going like the baby shower this weekend and meeting and holding baby Riley has been awesome.

One of my really good friends is getting married in May and I really want to go. I may or may not attend in a wheelchair. Be prepared Julie. Haha.

But even though im listing all my complaints, I really am loving it!! I would do anything for them and love them all so much already.

I think my favorite thing is feeling them move. They all love to kick and are all very crazy. They definitely go off on each other and I'm sure they are running out of room and squishing each other. All their movements are pretty visible from the outside now, so Patrick and I have fun just watching my belly move. We've been trying to catch it on film but every time we try they stop. All three of them had hiccups yesterday and it was so funny and weird feeling. We can really tell they are growing.

2 comments:

  1. Are you wearing a support belt by now? It helped a lot with my singleton before when I had sciatica. It lifts the tummy weight so it's not pulling on your back. --MrsDoodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am now! It has really helped a lot :)

      Delete